If you’ve looked into technical diving, you realize that tec divers always wear more than one tank. Sidemount is an increasingly popular way to configure multiple cylinders for technical diving. You can enter the world of tec diving with the PADITec Sidemount Diver course and apply what you learn to other TecRec courses. The PADI Tec Sidemount Diver course covers the use of sidemount configuration for technical diving. It has been developed for recreational divers who want to use sidemount to enter open-circuit tec diving, as well as for experienced tec divers who are interested in a transition to sidemount.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
- Properly assemble and configure sidemount scuba diving equipment
- Trim your weight system and sidemount gear so you’re perfectly balanced in the water
- Manage gas by switching second stages as planned
- Respond correctly to potential problems when sidemount diving
- Mounting up to 6 tanks
- Advanced Open Water Diver
- Be 18 years old
- Have a minimum of 30 logged dives
- Have a Medical Statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months