Moving slowly and rhythmically, as if the hand of a sleeping giant rocked her, a greenish light goes through the hole in the ceiling of a beautiful cavern. A cave that hosts incredible animals that take advantage of the darkness to shelter from their predators. And you are there, watching everything. Enjoying a unique experience. The PADI Cavern Diver Specialty course gives you the knowledge and skills to explore caverns correctly – allowing you to enter far enough for adventure, but staying within the light zone for an easy exit to open water.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN
- You’ll complete four scuba dives with the first focused on line handling, reel use and emergency procedures outside a cavern; and the next three dives put your new skills to use inside a cavern
- Other specialized equipment for cavern diving, such as lights and redundant breathing systems.
- Avoiding disorientation and anti-silting techniques.
- Dive planning, including depth and distance limits and air management for cavern diving
WHAT WILL YOU BE QUALIFIED FOR
- You will be qualified to explore caverns safely and with the knowledge and skills to solve any eventuality that may occur during your dive
- Be an Advanced Open Water Diver
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have a medical form signed by your physician.
Back To Specialty Courses