TEC 40: YOUR FIRST TEC DIVING CERTIFICATION!
Are you interested in technical diving but you are not sure that you will like it yet? Do you want to learn the basics but at the moment you do not have the need to go very deep? The Tec 40 course is ideal for you. Designed to introduce you to the world of technical diving, your Tec 40 course will take you one step beyond recreational diving limits.
The PADI Tec 40 course is where you transition from recreational scuba diving to technical diving. The Tec 40 course it’s a great place to start because it’s the first subdivision of the full PADI Tec Diver course. It bridges the gap between no stop diving and full technical deep decompression diving. You gain experience and begin building the knowledge and skills you need to continue your tec diver training. The Tec 40 course qualifies you to make limited decompression dives to 40 metres/130 feet.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
- Technical diving’s risks and responsibilities
- Technical diving equipment, proper rigging and set up
- Gas planning, oxygen limits and decompression planning
- Team diving techniques and emergency procedures
- Since it’s part of the course, your PADI Tec 40 course training credits toward the PADI Tec 45 course or PADI Tec 50 courses
WHAT WILL YOU BE QUALIFIED FOR?
- Use decompression software and dive computers to plan and make decompression dives with no more than 10 minutes of total decompression and not deeper than 40 metres/130 feet
- Use a single cylinder of decompression gas with up to 50 percent oxygen (EANx50) to add conservatism to the required decompression
- Advanced Open Water Diver
- Enriched Air Diver
- Deep Diver
- Have a minimum of 30 logged dives, of which at least 10 dives were made with enriched air nitrox deeper than 18 metres
- Be 18 years or older
- Have a medical form signed by your physician